Online 1-1 Sound Journeys with Sika
I'm currently offering online private sessions from my home in the South Island of New Zealand.
While I've given hundreds of 1-1 journeys in my lifetime, I've focused largely on group work in recent years. But the postponement of my summer events and workshops has gifted me a wonderful opportunity to return to this deep, rewarding work.
Only this time, I'm doing it through the magic of online video!
What happens during a 1-1 Sound Journey?
Each one is different, however the intention of every Sound Journey is to seek vision. It is a way to see what is needed. A way to help live an empowered, balanced life. I aim to offer a gentle, supportive presence for your inner enquiry.
We meet together via video call. I'll listen to what is going on for you and create a tailored shamanic journey.
- We begin and end with sharing together, both talking and sharing meditative silence.
- I usually play live for about 30 minutes, mixing layers of instruments with other sounds such as nature recordings. I create a bespoke journey that draws upon my whole quiver of instruments, including didgeridoo, flute, Maori Taonga pūoro, leaves, shells, stones and so on!
- People usually lie down for the sound journey itself, though you can remain seated if preferred.
- Practice makes it easier to slip between the worlds. I always recommend journeying as regularly as possible, dropping deeper into the unfurling mystery, just as our ancestors have done since the beginning of time.
- 1-1 sessions are one hour long.
- We can schedule a one-off meeting or commit to a series at a set time every week.
- If you're in the UK, most 1-1 sessions will be held in the morning or evening.
- We meet via Zoom. This simple online platform is free to use and will need to be downloaded onto your computer/smartphone before our session. I'll send details and can help you with this.
- You will need a comfortable place to sit, plus space to lie down during the Sound Journey itself. I suggest you prepare your space with a yoga mat, cushion and blankets.
- Headphones usually offer superb sound and listening. If you prefer speakers, I suggest placing your head in the middle between a pair of them. Close your eyes and surrender to the dreaming.
- A notebook is also recommended to write or draw your experiences. You may get insights or visions after the session too.
How to book?
- Please contact me via the below form, or send a message on Facebook.
- Cost is a sliding scale from £45 - £75. You choose what you're able to pay.
- Payment is made via PayPal or bank transfer.
Also let me know if you have any questions. I'll typically get back to you within 24 hours.
It is an honour to be of service in this way, to play these instruments and walk this path. Thank you for being part of this sacred journey.